The American Rescue Plan: Accessing Federal Relief
Congressman Mrvan was proud to support the American Rescue Plan (ARP), a historic $1.9 trillion package that provides federal aid to bolster vaccinations, safely reopen schools, and revitalize our economy. The ARP also delivers unparalleled relief to working families, the backbone of the American economy. Click here to learn more about the ARP.
Now that the ARP has been signed into law, Congressman Mrvan’s top priorities include ensuring the equitable, efficient distribution and administration of COVID-19 vaccines throughout Northwest Indiana, as well as the provision of vital relief to local governments, schools, small businesses, and local residents. This webpage contains the latest information on accessing federal relief under the ARP and our office will update it regularly as additional resources become available.
If you have any difficulty accessing the relief to which you or your organization is entitled, please contact our Merrillville office, at 219-795-1844. We are here to serve you.
Economic Impact Payment
- To check on the status of a stimulus check, visit: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments.
Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) and Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)
- To apply for assistance under the EIDL or PPP programs, visit: https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/loans/coronavirus-relief-options.
- ED Fact Sheet (Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief Fund)
- ED Press Release (Includes Preliminary Information Regarding the Use of ESSER funds)
- COMING SOON: Estimated Aid Allocations (School District)
- Estimated Aid Allocations (State)
- HHS Fact Sheet
- To obtain healthcare coverage through the Affordable Care Act, visit: https://www.healthcare.gov/.
- HUD Fact Sheet
- Lake County will receive federal funds for rental assistance directly and is responsible for distributing it to local residents. If you do not live in Lake County, you may apply for rental assistance by visiting: https://apply.ihcda.in.gov/submit.
State and Local Aid
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- To apply for SNAP benefits or other food assistance, visit: https://www.in.gov/fssa/dfr/snap-food-assistance/about-snap/.
- To file for unemployment benefits, visit: https://www.in.gov/dwd/indiana-unemployment/file/.
*Last updated: March 18, 2021.